2012-01-30

Authoritarian America

Jokes are now illegal in America, even absurd ones. Hopefully, you can still laugh your ass off at this one:

'I'm going to destroy America and dig up Marilyn Monroe': British pair arrested in U.S. on terror charges over Twitter jokes Lol. Turns out "destroy" is slang for party in the UK, but its just as funny to imagine digging up Marilyn Monroe will destroy America.
'Free this week, for quick gossip/prep before I go and destroy America'.
3 weeks today, we're totally in LA pissing people off on Hollywood Blvd and diggin' Marilyn Monroe up!
'They asked why we wanted to destroy America and we tried to explain it meant to get trashed and party.
'I almost burst out laughing when they asked me if I was going to be Leigh's lookout while he dug up Marilyn Monroe.
'I couldn't believe it because it was a quote from the comedy Family Guy which is an American show.
'It got even more ridiculous because the officials searched our suitcases and said they were looking for spades and shovels. They did a full body search on me too.
America's security apparatus could grind to a halt by a flurry of absurd Twitter jokes. The Daily Mail is kind enough to give you a list of all the buzzwords in the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment